We have a vacancy of Quantitative Analytics Intern (Spring 2023) in our company, Hilltop Holdings. This vacancy is based in Dallas TX. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Quantitative Analytics Intern (Spring 2023)
Company: Hilltop Holdings
Work Type: Internship
City of work: Dallas TX
URL Expiry: 2022-11-23
Posted on: us.jobsoffices.com
Hilltop Holdings Inc. is currently looking for a qualified student to join our Quantitative Analytics team as a Spring 2023 Intern. This individual will work closely with our Director of Quantitative Analytics to gain hands-on experience in the financial services industry while assisting with several key initiatives across the company.
Professional Development Objectives: This individual will gain an understanding of the financial services industry, exposure to working in quantitative analysis and model development.
- Under the direction of the Director of Quantitative Analytics, interact with various groups within the organization, including credit, risk, accounting, treasury, and IT
- Apply statistical and other modeling techniques to stress credit, market, liquidity or profitability risk, research academic or industry literature to support new model development and create simulations and other analysis to test them
- Learn about new market developments across banking, mortgage, and investment industries
- Desire to learn about career opportunities in the quantitative analytics and/or financial services industry
- Direct interaction with senior leaders across each line of business
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Proven self-starter who can initiate tasks and follow up to completion
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical skills; above average attention to detail
- Ability to review, manipulate, and analyze large, complex data sets
- Undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative disciplines
- Candidate MUST have authorization to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship, whether in student status or not